PermanentHours per week:
Based at a CQC registered Care Home in South East London accommodating 26 people who are alcohol dependent and have a range of personal care and support needs. We work with people who require support and alcohol treatment from a unique harm minimisation model that recognises an individual’s complex physical and mental health needs. We are committed to promoting health, wellbeing and empowerment. We work closely with mental health services, other partner agencies and carers to improve living skills, increase social inclusion, and help individuals understand and manage their mental health in order to improve their quality of life.
- Develop Recovery Star Plans and Risk Assessments for service users.
- Assess referrals; provide key work, risk assessment and support planning for service users to help successful recovery towards abstinence.
- Monitor outcomes and attend placement reviews and CPA’s for service users.
- Will assist service users to identify possible aftercare and move on options.
- Liaise with hospital staff, GP, Social Workers and others related to the service users care when service users are admitted into hospital.
- Prepare high quality reports for other professionals when necessary.
- Be responsible for the completion of documentation including benefits, capacity assessments and where necessary personal budgets.
- Empower service users to make decisions, take positive risks and promote independence.
Why work with us?
· Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
· 25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
· Pension, Eye-care Vouchers
· Growing and forward-thinking organisation
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS and provide employment references covering 5 years period including one from your most recent employer.
To apply download the attached application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
PermanentHours per week:
As a Recovery Worker, you will have responsibility for providing high quality support services in line with the Equinox Mission, Values and Strategy. The successful candidate will have experience of working with adults who are vulnerable and have multiple and complex needs. You must be willing to work flexibly, which includes weekday hours, evenings and weekend working.
About the role
To support Service Users to achieve their personal goals and positive outcomes by offering a flexible, recovery focused accommodation service for single homeless people with multiple needs who have experienced complex trauma. To support Service Users to establish a weekly routine, develop their life skills and become more self-reliant, so that they can improve their quality of life and move on to independent living within agreed timeframes. To work with service users and colleagues to create a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) that promotes health and wellbeing.
•Implement the service’s policies and procedures in order to deliver the overall programme using a recovery focused approach
•Provide key work and co-produced support planning for Service Users, with relevant interventions such as life skills support, to help successful recovery in line with Service Users’ personal goals.
•Encourage Service Users to develop social networks and undertake meaningful activities to assist them to develop positive coping mechanisms and reintegrate into the wider community.
•Explore resettlement options for Service Users and assist them to move on successfully to appropriate housing options.
•Maintain a standard of service as required by Commissioners and Equinox to deliver a safe and effective service.
•Responsible for the maintenance of a healthy, safe and psychologically informed environment that includes the security of the building, fabric and grounds.
•Ensure that information is shared appropriately within the team and with other professionals and that all Service User and service records are accurate and up to date.
•To complete reports, including support plans, case notes and other documentation for managers as required in a timely and accurate manner.
•Liaise with relevant and appropriate agencies and services to provide information, advice, support and treatment where necessary in relation to physical and mental health, substance misuse, education, employment and training, life skills and any other identified support needs.
•Encourage and support Service Users to participate in the running and development of the service and activities/interventions that support self-management and independent living.
•Ensure the consistent and effective implementation of the Equinox Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedures.
•Participate in reflective learning sessions within the framework of a Psychologically informed Environment, team meetings and ongoing training and development as identified by Equinox and in on going line management and annual appraisals.
Why work with us?
•Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
•25 days annual leave (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
•Pension, Eye-care Vouchers
•Growing and forward-thinking organisation
If you wish to work with this challenging yet rewarding client group then this could be a perfect opportunity for you, please send a completed application form to email@example.com
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhances DBS and provide employment references covering 5 years period including one from your most recent employer.
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery and provision and to actively promote ways of eradicating racism, sexism, and other forms of negative discrimination though the group’s policies and procedures.
Service Manager – Supported Accommodation Services
Hammersmithm & FulhamSalary:
PermanentHours per week:
Mon - FriJob description:
Equinox is recruiting an experienced and dedicated Service Manager to oversee their 25 bed accommodation based service offering support for single homeless people who have experienced complex trauma.
Based across 3 sites in Hammersmith and Fulham, Equinox support the Council’s strategy to prevent homelessness and rough sleeping by offering strength based and personalised support to those with multiple and complex needs, in psychologically informed environments.
About the Role:
There is now a rare opportunity for a new manager to lead the service, and build upon the service excellence that Equinox are renowned for. We are looking for a leader who is a decision maker, a listener, succinct communicator and advocate for change.
With a robust history of implementing, improving standards and steering change, you will be committed to creating an inclusive environment, which celebrates difference and allows our staff and service users to flourish.
If you have a background in mental health, complex needs, homelessness and substance misuse provision, are innovative, inspiring and visionary, and hold NVQ / Diploma level 4 in Management / Health & Social Care / Mental health or professional equivalent then we would like to hear from you. Similar service experience at manager level is essential for this role.
If you feel that this role is for you, please complete the application form below and return to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not we do not accept CV’s for this role.
Nurse Team Leader – Residential Detoxification
PermanentHours per week:
Mon-Fri 08:30 – 16:30 (some weekend and evening work may be necessary)Job description:
Contribute to the management of Brook Drive and the provision of a responsive and high quality service. Provide effective support and supervision for nursing staff in order to achieve full contract and regulatory compliance and deliver an effective, recovery-focused service.
Working with the service manager, doctors and the operational team, coordinate the safe, effective and efficient management of service users’ journeys from referral through admission to successful completion of detox/stabilisation from a clinical perspective
Provide effective support and supervision to the staff team to ensure that the performance standards and policies and procedures are fully implemented
Maintain up to date knowledge of best practice and legal requirements in relation to the provision of recovery focused residential detoxification services
Contribute to the strategic and business plans of Equinox.
To apply please download full Job Description and application form below and return to email@example.com
Registered General Nurse
PermanentHours per week:
5 Days a week on a 7.5hrs a day Job description:
Equinox Care provides support, care and recovery services to people who have a range of complex needs such as substance misuse and mental health issues.
We operate across the South East of England, providing a range of different services that concentrate on assisting our service users to re-engage with the communities around them and to find effective strategies for dealing with the challenges facing them in their lives. These services include detoxification services, supported housing, outreach and street engagement.
Equinox is also active in the criminal justice system. We work on the basis that this is often the place to find people who are ready to engage with recovery, whatever form that may take for them.
The role of the general nurse will be to contribute to the management of Aspinden Wood and the provision of a responsive and high quality supported living service. Provide effective support and supervision for staff in order to achieve full contract and regulatory compliance and deliver an effective, recovery-focused stabilisation service. In conjunction with care coordinators and the service user’s doctors, manage the clinical aspects of the physical and mental health of the residents.
- Develop service provision, to ensure best practice
- Work in close conjunction with the other agencies
- Promote the Service through participation of inter-agency working
- Maintain close links and good relationships with local community groups and representatives ensuring that the local community has a good understanding of the purpose and workings of the Service
To apply please download the Job description and Application form below. Once completed return to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Residential Detox Nurse – Brook Drive
London SE11Hours per week:
22 or 37.5Shift pattern:
Day & Night shiftsJob description:
You will work as part of the medical team to empower our patients to gain the best life chances during and after their stay at Brook Drive. Alongside their day to day involvement in the medical detoxification of the patients, you would also be integral to the development and delivery of one to one and group work sessions, focussing on health, wellbeing and relationships.
The role would work in partnership with our in-house psycho-social team to ensure that each individual is facilitated to undergo this integral part of their recovery journey in their own unique way to the best of their ability.
- Implement the service’s policies and procedures in order to deliver the successful medical detox from alcohol + substances.
- Provide key work and support planning for service users to help successful completion of their detoxification programme.
- Provide appropriate nursing and psychosocial interventions, including group work programme, administering medication and supervising the physical withdrawal of service users within appropriate clinical governance frameworks.
- To maintain an environment whereby service users are given choice and involved as much as possible in their treatment and service provision.
- Assist service users to identify their aftercare options and liaise with Care Managers to ensure that service users have appropriate arrangements in place.
- Monitor service users’ health care and wellbeing needs throughout the detoxification process, arranging referrals to GP and/or providing personal care interventions as required.
- Maintain a standard of care as required by Purchasers, CQC and Equinox in order to deliver a safe and effective service.
- Tier 4 treatment service provision
- Recovery focused service provision
- Experience of providing a detoxification service to people with substance misuse problems
- Experience of providing a group work programme to service users.
- Support planning, key-working and risk assessment + risk planning / actions
- First level RN qualification
- Up to date certification in anaphylaxis, inoculations, First Aid & CPR
- Knowledge of CQC outcomes framework
- Knowledge of relevant NICE and DoH guidance and protocols
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks for social care and treatment
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £30,791.00 /year